Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scenes from South Dakota

I know it's been some time since I posted here, but that doesn't mean my camera is gathering dust. Far from it! Recently we had the great fortune to travel to South Dakota with a friend over Thanksgiving Weekend. We met some great people, and made new friends. It is some beautiful contry up there and I managed to shoot a ton of pictures while there. I will be posting some more of the scenic images and maybe some of the family shots I did in the next day or so, but right now I wanted to post up the imaged I gathered from the last day we were there. I literally shot from sunrise to sunset that day. Enjoy!








4 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful images; I really like them all. The composition on 1,3 & 4 are fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Would you mind commenting on the lens[es] used and any post-processing done? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure! All the above images were shot with my 18-200mm Tamron Zoom. When I get home later I can give you the ranges, but I'd guess almost all of them were shot at 18mm and somewhere between f11 and f22. As for post-processing I use PhotoShop CS2 and I always smart sharpen a tad bit, and adjust the levels to my liking. I also almost always bump up the contrast by +5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I did a lot of layering and adjustments there. Like if I wanted to emphasize the foreground I created a layer and adjusted that to my liking and then blended it with the background.

    ReplyDelete