Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Mew Year!


Believe it or not, January 2nd is designated as "Happy Mew Years!". That time when felines, ever above mere humans in the great chain of being, have a day unto themselves to celebrate the “mewness” of a new time.

Well, I decided to shoot a picture of our cat, Bella. I thought this would be easy as she is almost always in the same place - right on the top of the sofa in the picture window. I thought a nice natural light shot of her would look great! But, as I should know by now having had cats for many years, they rarely cooperate. I could never get her to go to her favorite spot in the window, and even tried to move her there only to have her dash away in a flash! So I dug into the archives as I remember having shot a few pictures of her over the years and found this one. I did some cropping and applied a film grain to the image. I then desaturated everything and brought back the color for Bella's eyes and nose. I have never used type effects on a picture so this is a new skill I attempted as well. I think it turned out okay. Kinda cheesy but what do you expect on Happy Mew Years?

Shot spex: Jpeg Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 68mm, f5.6, 1/60 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Desaturated and colorized eyes and nose. Added Film Grain.

Tunes listened to while editing: Weezer - The Red Album. A permanent part of my top 25 albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment