Friday, January 1, 2010

A spoonful of good luck for 2010!


I'm not actually that superstitious, but I've heard that eating Black Eyed Peas on News Year Day will bring you good luck. But you have to eat at least 365 of them, obviously 1 for each day of the year. According to Southern folklore this must be the first food you eat on New Year's Day for luck and prosperity throughout the year ahead. That would probably put a damper on those midnight kisses if we really followed the practice in this manner!

Anyway, this is the first image of what I hope to be many this year as I participate in my friend Jeff's photo challenge called "This Day In History - 2010". Enjoy and watch out for many more posts this year!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 200, 200mm, f6.3, 1/90 sec., flash aimed at ceiling with diffuser attached.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast.

Tunes listened to while editing: Nothing tonight as I am in the process of rebuilding my iPod! Bleck!!!

1 comment: