Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Impressive Wing Span!!


So today, January 5th is denoted as both Bean Day and Bird Day. As I already shot a bean type picture on New Years Day I decided to use a bird picture. I shot some pictures of a pretty red cardinal a couple of days ago, but the images turned out pretty bad (shooting through a window screen). So I dug into my archive and found a picture I shot last August while atop a very tall observation tower in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I have no idea what this bird is (some kind of hawk or vulture) but it was immense! The image was kind of bland and so I decided to try some creative techniques to see if I could make something more interesting out of it. I applied a watercolor filter and then messed around with the contrast, brightness and such until I had what I liked.

Shot spex: Jpeg Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 200mm, f8, 1/350 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: See above.

Tunes listened to while editing: Nothing - too lazy to trek upstairs to get my iPod!

No comments:

Post a Comment