Sunday, January 3, 2010

One Ring To Rule Them All


How could I possibly turn down creating an image to commemorate the fact that today, January 3rd, was J.R.R.Tolkein Day! What can I say? I'm a nerd, and I love the Lord of the Rings series written by Tolkein. In fact my buddy Donovan and I are such Tolkein nerds that we play the Lord of the Rings trading card game. I bought a replica of the sword named "Sting" for my son a few years back and the ring used in this shot is actually my wedding ring. The initial shot was of the entire sword, but I realized when editing that too much was not a good thing.

Shot spex: Jpeg Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 200, 40mm, f4.5, 1/90 sec., flash with Omni-Bounce attached and aimed straight up at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Cropped in really tight, adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Desaturated and applied a Sepia filter. Colorized ring.

Tunes listened to while editing: Owl City - Ocean Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment