Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day #101 - Back In The Saddle Again - New Directions


What a week! Sorry for the hiatus, but I spent the last week coming down with the Flu and then getting over the Flu. I am not quite 100% yet (probably more like 90%) but I'm ready to get back in the saddle.

This picture is not exactly creative, but it is showing my plans for the next month or so on this project. Many years ago I bought a Pentax Super Program SLR from someone in Blue Springs and part of the package was a decent collection of Cokin Creative Filters. I got to thinking that it might be fun to try using these filters to see if any of them have uses beyond cluttering up a shelf in my closet. So for the most part I plan to use these filters in shots posted here for a while. This will force me to do some lens swapping. I have the smaller filters so they won't work with my 18-200mm Super Zoom. I will be using the lenses in the picture which are my 18-55mm Zoom and 50mm Prime lens. I think it will make for some good experiences and hopefully some interesting shots.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 40mm, f11, 1/60 sec., flash on Stroboframe, extended all the way up and aimed almost straight down at the subject.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always) a lot, and adjusted Brightness/Contrast. Then I Posterized the image and liked what I saw so I stopped there. Well I didn't really stop there - I kept trying other things but nothing else really looked good to me!

Tunes listened to while editing: Jughead - Jughead. The first 7 songs. Another band I had forgot about till a couple of days ago. Their 1st track is called Halfway Home To Elvis and it is a fun song. The rest of the album is really good too.

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea. I look forward to seeing what you do with these :). It's good to see you back around. I was getting ready to send out a search party :)

    ReplyDelete