Monday, September 21, 2009

Day #102 - Cameron and Chewey Post Op


Today our little dog Chewey had a little procedure done. As Gary Larsen from the Far Side once said in a cartoon of his, "Chewey went to the vet to get tutored". The ol' Snip and Clip!

Anyway, as a result he has to wear the cone which of course meant a picture. Cameron has been trying to be really gentle with him and it's cute to see him that way.

I know I planned to do the filter project starting today, but I just had to get this shot first.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 130mm, f11, 1/90 sec., flash on Stroboframe, aimed straight at the subject (I tried to bounce off the ceiling but I was too far away).

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always) a little, and adjusted Brightness/Contrast. I then used the Golden Eye technique (on both Cameron and Chewey). I think I'm starting to get this little trick down.

Tunes listened to while editing: Eric Hurst - Goodbye, Welcome, Thank You. The first 6 songs. Track #6 (Kathleen) is really cool. I remember getting to see my buddy Donovan playing at Davey's Uptown with Eric Hurst years ago. It was awesome and Dono (who is an awesome guitarist) was playing the Keyboard parts on the guitar and it sounded freaking awesome! Then we played The Lord Of The Rings Trading Card Game over in the bar for a while. We got all kinds of people coming over asking what game we were playing. We've always been very confident in our geekiness!

1 comment:

  1. The cone of shame :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJwfCjc628 from "Up:. Cute shot Ron.

    ReplyDelete