Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day #99 - You Spin Me Round


Sorry for the hiatus. I actually had some Internet difficulties Thursday and then I was just worn out so I took a little break.

Well, today I'm back and we spent the day at several locations that lended themselves to photographic opportunity. We went to Cameron's soccer game (they won! - yeah!!) and then we ended up at Old Settlers Day in Olathe.

I wanted to shoot something that conveyed motion, but that is hard to do when it is bright and sunny out as you can't slow down the shutter speed very easily. I had to crank down the ISO and really zoom in to the subject in order to get a very small aperture to allow for a longer shutter speed. Then there was the problem of a very boring white sky. So a little Replace Color work in PhotoShop and I changed the day to night. I bumped up the Hue to give the picture a more artistic look/feel too.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 68mm, f38, 1/4 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always) a lot, adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Replaced Color in sky areas, adjusted Hue/Saturation.

Tunes listened to while editing: Owl City - Ocean Eyes. The whole album. A new one I discovered from 96.5 The Buzz and actually purchased via iTunes. Pretty good album! Makes me feel artistic for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. Holy small aperture batman :P This turned out really cool :)

    ReplyDelete