Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day #91 - Reflections


I did something today that I've never done before. I went to a professional football stadium. I was in Dallas and my coworker really wanted to go tour the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. I've never yet even been to a professional football game much less been to a professional stadium. Not that I haven't wanted to go, but tickets for free are hard to come by!

Anyway, we had a little time before we had to catch our flight back to Kansas City so we headed to the stadium to catch a tour. Let me tell you, this place is massive and incredible! The tour guide said that the stadium would hold 110,000 fans as full capacity and had 800 concession stands! I believe there were something like 6,000 toilets too.

This shot was taken in an area where you could stand and watch the game. I liked the concrete as it was smooth and looked like the surface of water. The reflections it cast intrigued me and I knew I could get a silhouette effect with the right settings on the camera.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 18mm, f11, 1/1500 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Cropped and tried to adjust color a bit.

Tunes listened to while editing: Bleu - Redhead. The first 7 tracks.

1 comment:

  1. I commented on this on facebook but I am going to comment here too because when I commented on facebook I had only seen this on my iPod touch. Looking at it on a larger screen I see a lot more detail and I like what I see. The shadows/reflections are great elements in the composition and the way you framed this up really works well I think. I especially like the Parent holding the small child, near the barrier, in the center of the composition. In addition the blue color cast really works well with the image too. Really fantastic shot Ron. One of the best I have seen of yours so far.

    ReplyDelete