Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day #93 - This Old Tree


Today was crazy! After leaving work at 5pm I had to race and pick up Cameron from school. Then we had to run home and grab his soccer gear and then race to practice, grabbing a quick dinner at Arby's on the way. In the meantime my wife had a bag full of errands to run and then she had to get to Cameron's school for "Meet the Teacher" night. Thankfully I remembered to grab my camera (and the memory card). Once we got to practice I was able to snarf down my food and then I managed to find some time to wander around shooting pictures. I came across this odd tree and shot it from mostly this perspective. At the base was a clump of mushrooms, and I shot several pictures of that as well, but those images turned out pretty bland (and I HATE mushrooms anyways!!).

I got to playing with this one and ended up with this "duo-tone" image (part BW, part color).

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 1600, 18mm, f4.5, 1/45 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. I then added a dupe layer and desaturated it. I erased out the leaves (making the color show back up) and then applied the Fresco Filter to the layer with the trunk.

Tunes listened to while editing: Waltham - Waltham. The first 10 tracks. I forgot about this band and just re-discovered them today. These guys really get your toe tapping! They are kinda like Rick Springfield on steroids. You gotta give them a shot sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment