Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day #92 - Old Toys And New Toys


My friend Jeff gave me some new toys to play with today. They are are wireless flash triggers. I've not yet played with them and before I can put them to use I am going to have to either spend some money on expensive batteries (CR2-3V) or I have to spend less money but more time doing a mod that allows me to use AA batteries. So Donovan - if you are reading this keep an eye out for cheap CR2-3V batteries at the Largo! Otherwise I'll pull the solder gun out of Mothballs and get to it!

The old toys in the image are a couple of flashes I have had around for some time. I'm hoping to give them new life by using these triggers.

I kind of got off the reservation creatively speaking as a picture of equipment is pretty boring. So I decided to experiment. I used the Neon Filter in PhotoShop and also toned down the Saturation to almost BW.

Now I got to get to watching the Strobist DVD's Jeff loaned me too!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 28mm, f11, 1/45 sec., built-in flash (I know - sad!).

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Cropped and tried to adjust color a bit. Then employed the Neon Filter as described above.

Tunes listened to while editing: Weezer - The Blue Album. The first 7 tracks. What the heck is the Sweater Song really about?!?!?!? Is there a deeper meaning that just some guys sweater coming apart? I'm usually pretty good at figuring out this stuff but this song baffles me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how you use these when you get them going :) I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete