Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day #34 - Ron Morse, Version 1.0



Today was nice. I spent quite a bit of time shooting pictures this evening with my Dad. He of course started me on this hobby many years ago and it's always fun spending time with him shooting pictures, or talking shop (PhotoShop that is), or looking at pictures, or discussing the latest in the photography world. I know my wife marvels at how we can just talk and talk and talk about photography. I liken it to the way that my wife and I can talk and talk and talk about our son, Cameron. She and I share Cameron as our primary common denominator, Dad and I share photography, and my buddy Donovan and I share music. The commonalities between us is the glue that bonds our friendships.

Anyway, we started off at Shawnee Mission Park looking for deer to shoot pictures of. And we found plenty of them. Then we drove around for a while. I shot several pictures of Dad while he was shooting pictures of the deer. I shot a few self-portraits of myself via the side rear view mirror (see the second picture). We shot sailboats and flowers. If you ever need a guide for Shawnee Mission Park my dad is your man. We went back to the house and Dad asked me to shoot some pictures of him working on some models he's been working on for his train layout.

Upon looking at the results of all this photography today, I chose to use one from the pictures shot while Dad was working on the model. I was going to crop in tighter during post processing, but realized that so much of what was in the picture helped to describe my dad. He is such an artist and I wanted to include the models in the upper left of the image to show some of his completed work. He is so articulate and has a tool for every thing so I wanted to make sure all of the tools and bottles of glue and paint were shown as well. And of course his attention to detail as he was carefully working on his model was important to me as a primary element of the image.

BTW - I am a Junior so Dad is Ron Morse Version 1.0.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 200, 18mm, f4, 1/30 sec., flash aimed at ceiling with LumiQuest Softbox attached.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), and adjusted the Brightness and Contrast just a tad bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment