Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day #46 - My Creative Workspace


My friend Jeff who inspired me to start this project did something kinda like this shot a while back. Here is the link to that post: http://jeffgoldenphoto.com/2009/05/day-145-of-365-feeling-flickry.html (you can copy/paste the link to your address bar - I can't figure out how to make this link clickable)

Anyway, in my shot I wanted to capture the essence of my workspace that I am in every evening. I like to edit in the dark in order to see the images better.

This shot is actually two exposures layered together. First I created the exposure for the computer monitor. I wanted it to be clear and not too bright. Then I jumped in the image and posed (the exposure of myself had to be a bit longer, 1 second). I then adjusted each image in PhotoShop to reach the effects I wanted. Then I blended them taking the best effects from each image. I had a blast doing this one!

BTW - Jeff's Link is to the right side. If you want to see more great "Picture A Day" shots, check his out too! Also my Dads' link is up there. He's been at this forever and has great shots!

Shot spex: 2 RAW Images, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 33mm, f4, one exposure 1/6 sec. and one exposure at 1 sec., no flash, tripod for sure!

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Brightness/Contrast, then I cropped until I found something I liked.

1 comment:

  1. First, thanks for the shout out :). But this shot is fantastic. I like how you used two exposures and it came out this naturally. What really amazes me though is the light on your face, great work here.

    ReplyDelete