Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day #40 - Moon Shots! Part Deux


Tonight I decided to revisit the moon. But this time I decided to not focus so much on the moon but the surrounding elements in the image. I did get a few nice shots of the moon showing the craters, but it seemed kinda boring. That's when I decided to try a different approach.

I had to do some PhotoShop trickery to get rid of a power line, and of course had to do something about the super white oval that showed up where the moon was supposed to be (long exposure = oval moon instead of round moon).

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 200, 200mm, f13, 30 sec., no flash, on tripod.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels, adjusted Brightness/Contrast, then I desaturated the image a little bit and applied a Movie Prime Lens Flare Filter.

1 comment:

  1. I really dig how this one turned out. The flare is an excellent touch!

    ReplyDelete