Friday, July 10, 2009

Day #42 - Something Cymbolic


I started off just shooting this because I really didn't know what else to shoot, but then I got to thinking about cymbals and symbolism. Maybe this picture is symbolic for the way I think I am cracking up? Maybe not, but it sounded clever to change the spelling of "symbolic" to "cymbolic", right? Anyway, these 20 year old cymbals have seen better days as they are definitely cracking up!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 28mm, f8, 1/8 sec., flash with LumiQuest Softbox attached and aimed up at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels, adjusted Brightness/Contrast, then I cropped until I found something I liked. I had a lot of yellow in the picture so I adjusted the color to tone that down a bit and then I applied a Cooling Filter for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment