Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day #39 - Just Say No...


Today I was really stumped as to what to shoot a picture of. Thanks to a simple suggestion from my buddy Donovan, that problem was solved. (Thanks Dono!)

I recently had to start a round of Prednisone to aid in the treatment of Poison Oak. I know some of you have taken this stuff, and you will know what an awful experience taking this stuff is. To the rest of you, avoid the need for this stuff at all costs! It tastes terrible, it makes you all jittery and moody, and it gives you a nasty case of insomnia. Last night I didn't fall asleep... till this morning at 5am!

Well on to the picture. It started off pretty boring and I was about to scrap the picture and edit something previously shot. Then I remembered that I had found this neat tool in PhotoShop called the CutOut Filter. I desaturated the image (converted it to BW) and then applied the filter and am actually really happy with the end result.

Enjoy the picture while I go off and find something to do; since sleeping is unlikely for a couple of hours!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 103mm, f5.6, 1/15 sec., flash with LumiQuest Softbox attached.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels, adjusted Brightness/Contrast, then I desaturated the image and applied the CutOut Filter.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like no fun! The image turned out really great though. Im going to have to take a look at that filter sometime.

    ReplyDelete