Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day #44 - A Rainbow Of Feet


Today was great! I didn't wake up wondering where in the world I was going to shoot my picture of the day. Not that this is becoming a chore; far from it. I truly look forward to my pic-a-day project every single day. I think it is truly refining my skills and fine-tuning my photographic style in ways I didn't really expect. But sometimes it can be a challenge to find something that I think is really "photo" worthy. Well, today I knew that I was going to shoot family pictures for my buddy Donovan and his wife Brandi's side of the family. I was like 90% sure that my picture today would come from that shoot. It was a great shoot and everyone was great to work with. All of the family members coordinated nicely with white tops and dresses. There were 7 kids total and I was amazed at how easy they all were to work with. I have mentioned before the fun of trying to get kids to pose for pictures, but I didn't experience those problems today. Any way, the kids were all allowed to wear whatever they wanted to on their feet and the variety was really fun. Somewhere around the end of the shoot someone suggested a picture of the kids' feet and so we set it up. Enjoy this rainbow of feet!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 24mm, f8, 1/90 sec., flash with LumiQuest Softbox attached.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels, adjusted Brightness/Contrast, then I cropped until I found something I liked.

1 comment:

  1. I am floored! This is a fantastic and creative idea and excellent composition. This is my absolute favorite of your pics in this project so far.

    ReplyDelete