Monday, July 6, 2009

Day #38 - Late Bloomer


Today a break from people and pet images. I was outside watching these ominous clouds rolling in and was pondering how I might be able to make a nice shot with them. The problem with my house is that I am surrounded by huge trees so except for occasional glimpses of sky through the branches of trees, I can't get a nice sunset shot unless I drive somewhere. So I was walking around the yard when I noticed this plant of Dee Dee's with one lone open flower amongst the many closed buds. I thought it looked odd and so picture worthy all at once. I could have cropped in tighter but I really wanted to show all the buds that were closed.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 40mm, f5.6, 1/8 sec., flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels, adjusted Exposure, adjusted Brightness/Contrast and tweaked the colors just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment