Friday, July 24, 2009

Day #56 - The Setting Sun


I shot this on the first day of my trip to Colorado last week. I was so disappointed when I couldn't open the files so that I could share this one last week. I knew it looked pretty good from the camera LCD but WOW was I happy with it once I opened it tonight!

I shot 40 pictures that night of the setting sun and actually had several I liked, but this one just stood out.

My inspiration for this image came from one of my all time favorite songs called "The Setting Sun", which happens to be by one of my favorite artists. Anyone know what the name of the artist is? Bonus points to the first correct guess. Like in the show "Whose Line It It Anyway" the points are useless, except you can brag about winning.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 78mm, f9.5, 1/500 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always) and adjusted Levels.

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding sunset shot. I really love the tones you captured in this one.

    ReplyDelete