Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day #58 - Quite A Collection Of Old Plates


If you make it to Colorado you should try to plan to visit the old town of St. Elmo. It was a lot to offer, from tons of antiques for sale, lots of old buildings, a neat old general store with drinks and trinkets for sale and you can feed chipmunks right from your bare hands.

One of the items I found in St. Elmo last week was this huge collection of old license plates attached to the wall of an old building. I thought it was even more appealing that some old wheels/tires were arranged below the plates along the wall. I couldn't have staged a better shot had I tried.

It was quite a large collection!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 18mm, f22, 1/45 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels, made multiple layers so I could adjust Brightness/Contrast for the plates and everything else separately, desaturated the image a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this one over on facebook. I liked it there and I like it even more here, since facebook mucks up the pictures so bad. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete