Monday, August 3, 2009

Day #66 - The Shadow Proves The Sunshine


Maybe a lazy shot today. I was pondering using an image I shot yesterday, and was idly gazing around my office when a cross that my Dad made for me years ago caught my eye. I've always cherished it and try to leave it hanging somewhere visible. The shadow it was casting really intrigued me. I was able to shoot it with no additional light and then did some layer trickery to get the effect I wanted. I actually made a duplicate layer, then I applied the Cutout Filter to one layer and erased the cross area to bring back the actual wood of the original exposure.

The title of today's post comes from the Switchfoot album, Nothing Is Sound. The song by the same title is a great one if you ever get the chance, give it a listen. It's track #4 on that album.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 200mm, f6.3, 1/30 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and cropped to my liking. I made a duplicate layer, then I applied the Cutout Filter to one layer and erased the cross area to bring back the actual wood of the original exposure.

Tunes listened to while editing: Acceptance - Phantoms. The first 9 tracks. Great disk!

No comments:

Post a Comment