Monday, August 10, 2009

Day #73 - Got Milk? Can I Have Some?


Today is an example how things don't always go as planned. I was on my way to the kitchen with the camera in hand looking to shoot a picture of the pot of boiling eggs on the stove (I Know - LAME!!). As I reached the top of the stairs I saw a great photo opportunity and I was actually ready for a change!

Cameron was enjoying his customary late night glass of milk, and his cat Bella was right there hoping for a taste.

I carefully and quietly slipped the lens cap off the camera, made a few quick adjustments, and snapped a few pictures. I shot one or two of Bella looking longingly at the glass of milk, then just as Cameron raised the glass to his mouth, right as I was pushing the shutter release, Bella reached right into his glass with her paw! It was a perfect photo moment!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 78mm, f8.0, 1/90 sec., built-in flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Applied a warming filter and cropped to get rid of unwanted background elements.

Tunes listened to while editing: Michael W. Smith - The Big Picture. The first 6 songs. I loaded this on the iPod a while back and just got around to listening to it for the first time tonight. This one really brings back lots of fond memories. I think I saw MWS in concert at least 10 times back in the late 80's. My Mom and I went to many of the shows and we always had fun. She was (and still is) a cool Mom and she definitely fostered my love of music. She has always shared a love of music even if our tastes have drifted apart over the years. We went to a lot of Christian Rock Concerts together (MWS, Amy Grant, DC Talk and Geoff Moore to name a few). I wonder if I can talk her into going with me to see We Shot The Moon and Hollis at the Main Street Cafe in October? More on that show in the near future!

1 comment: