Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day #76 - Computer Screen Blues


I know there are a few followers of this project and I apologize for the unannounced hiatus. I had every intention of continuing posting to this blog while vacationing with the family in Eureka Springs, Arkansas this weekend. We left right after work Thursday night and after we got to our hotel and got unpacked I set up my laptop (the one from work) to begin to edit some shots taken that day. That is when I saw the image I share with you today. Apparently the screen went belly up. I will be visiting the campus computer clinic in the morning to remedy the issue. It works when you use an external monitor, but I need my screen several times a week so I can't let it go to long. Anyway, I will post up some of the pictures from the trip and if you are interested feel free to wander over to my Facebook albums to check them out. In the meantime, I will get back on track in earnest this week. I think I will try to do as Jeff does and will start carrying my camera daily. It will be interesting to see what images I find during the day vs. waiting till 10pm every night!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 68mm, f5.6, 1/8 sec., flash aimed up at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast.

Tunes listened to while editing: Wavorly - Conquering The Fear Of Flight. The first 4 tracks.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I wondered what happened. Good to see you posting again and too bad about the laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said - at least it's my work laptop. I will get it fixed this week and it won't cost me anything. Glad it happened like this and not when I was out of town on business! It is a challenge to post when you are away from your comfort zone (big computer with all the right programs and storage space).

    ReplyDelete