Friday, August 21, 2009

Day #81 - Memory Loss


I will totally admit that this is a lazy shot.

My camera, without one of these is like a DeLorean Time Machine without Plutonium. It's just a hunk of metal, plastic and glass without one of these. My camera even has a clever little spot in the battery grip to store an extra one of these.

We had Cameron's "Back to School Bash" tonight so I figured it would be so easy to get a shot of the day. I grabbed my camera, leaving my camera bag behind, and headed to the school. I shot 3 or 4 pictures before I decided to check the histogram and that is when I realized I had no memory card inserted in the camera. Had I brought my camera bag I would have had about 20 more SD memory cards. So did I learn my lesson? Well, I did put a spare card in the special storage slot in the battery grip... I signed up to help with the school yearbook, so I better be more prepared at future school events!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 200mm, f6.3, 1/15 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast.

Tunes listened to while editing: The Foo Fighters - Echo's, Silence, Patience & Grace. The first 6 tracks - again.

1 comment:

  1. Hah I have done exactly the same thing. Sounds like fun with the yearbook are you going to be shooting for the school or helping the students shoot or what?

    ReplyDelete