Monday, August 17, 2009

Day #77 - Sunset (or was it?)


I took Cameron to soccer practice tonight and knew I had 90 minutes of potential camera time on my hands. I shot about 50 pictures (everything from Cameron playing soccer, Chewey, shadows of the chain link fence and sky shots). As happens many times, I just knew the minute I pulled the trigger that I had the picture I wanted for the day in this shot. The shot pre-processing was actually pretty nice, but something came over me in PhotoShop and I decided to try to really dramatize the image. So I cranked up the contrast a ton (+48) and actually darkened it (-10). The shot was taken at almost 7:00pm so it wasn't really sunset yet. I think the tweaking I did made it look like that though. I'm pretty happy with it and I hope everyone else enjoys it!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 48mm, f13, 1/3000 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast (as outlined above). Also cropped a smidge to get rid of an annoying tree branch.

Tunes listened to while editing: Creeper Lagoon - I Become Small And Go. The first 6 tracks. Good tunes to listen to while I was working on this type of image. Kind of chillin' music.

No comments:

Post a Comment