Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day #79 - Busted!


This picture today is part of a set of images I need to create for a class I will be helping my Dad with next month. I will be trying to walk people through some ways to take better pictures of people. I know this picture hardly looks like a good picture of someone. That was actually the point today. I wanted to start off with a true "mugshot" and then show how someone could employ some tips to go from "mugshot" to something more appealing to the eye. So enjoy the first image in this series.

A little sidenote - the booking number I used in the shot is not a random number. Lunch to the first person who can tell me who's booking number I used!

BTW - I carried my camera to work today and was able to do this shot during my lunch break. It was a lot less stressful coming home, knowing my image for the day was already shot!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 33mm, f8, 1/45 sec., flash aimed at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Also cropped to change orientation to square. Also used Replace Color technique to get rid of bland background color of dry erase board.

Tunes listened to while editing: Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls. The first 6 tracks. Another band I picked up some time back and had never listened to. I'm really liking it so far.

1 comment:

  1. I would answer but I cheated... I had no idea before google told me :P

    ReplyDelete