Friday, August 7, 2009

Day #70 - Another Self Portrait


I decided to give the old self portrait another shot today. I have a few other self portrait ideas but today I wanted to show me using a camera. As I have a few photo's of me using my DSLR, I thought it might be neat to be holding something more vintage. Thankfully my Mom and Dad and a friend (Jen) have donated several vintage camera's to my collection over the years. I liked the idea of the image being more about the camera than myself. I like to be behind the camera and in so many ways I tend to hide behind it. I thought, "why fight it"? If that's what I do, it will look strained to show more of me than the camera.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 90mm, f6.7, 1/90 sec., flash aimed at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. I then decided to desaturate the image to create a BW image and then I bumped up the Contrast even more. (Basically the same steps as yesterday!)

Tunes listened to while editing: A - Hi-Fi Serious. The first 6 tracks. Yes, the groups name is "A". Great rockin' tunes!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea and I love all the detail you got on the front of the camera. This turned out great.

    ReplyDelete