Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day #80 - Jenga!


Today I caught my wife and son as they were playing the game Jenga! It was fun to watch Cameron as he carefully planned which piece he would remove from the tower. Then often he would help steady the tower when Dionne pulled out her piece as he did not want the game to end too quickly. At first I wanted to capture the tower as it was falling down, and I did get some of those images. But then I realized the better images were the ones showing Cameron's facial expressions.

I'm lucky to be alive as both Cameron and Dionne were getting really tired of the flash going off. I actually flashed myself at point blank range (not my brightest moment - stupid pun I know). Then I could only see a blue rectangle for about 5 minutes.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 48mm, f8, 1/60 sec., flash aimed at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. Also cropped to change orientation from landscape to portrait.

Tunes listened to while editing: Between The Trees - The Story And The Song. The first 6 tracks. Seems like it is consistently taking about 6 tracks to go through all the post-processing steps.

1 comment:

  1. Lol I popped a flash off on manual at full power in my own eyes not too long ago while testing wireless triggers. That was no fun. Nice shot :)

    ReplyDelete