Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day #69 - My Pod


One of the items that you can always find within arms reach of me is my iPod. The other thing is my Skull Candy headphones. For those who have not yet discovered the awesomeness of Skull Candy, these things ROCK!!! When I am forced to listen to my iPod with normal ear buds, I get really frustrated. Anyway, as most people who really know me will attest, music is a big part of my life. Obviously I started listing the music I listen to as I edit images because music is important to me. I get inspiration and motivation from the wide variety of music I listen to. Thankfully I have a friend who pulled me out of the rut I was in listening to the same 3 bands over and over. Now my collection is so big I have no idea how many groups I listen to!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 200mm, f6.3, 1/30 sec., flash aimed at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), adjusted Levels and Brightness/Contrast. I then decided to desaturate the image to create a BW image and then I bumped up the Contrast even more.

Tunes listened to while editing: Story Side: B - Everything And More. The first 5 tracks. This is a group I forget about a lot and then when I remember them I really wonder why I keep forgetting about them.

2 comments:

  1. Cool shot. I did something like this yesterday but I think I like the depth of field on your take better. Mine was really shallow with just part of one earbud in focus you got a lot of detail. Sorry I haven't been around to comment lately -- just been buried with work and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No big deal. I figured you've been busy too. I've been buried as well. I have really liked your recent shots, and was reluctant to do this one because of your shot the day before, but in the end I was too tired to think of anything else so...

    ReplyDelete