Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day #11 - For Matt


I have this jar of gum-balls on my desk at work. It has been almost completely emptied once now by a coworker friend Matt and so after I refilled it I realized it could make a nice picture. At work I have this Judge II light box sitting on my desk that is used for analyzing paint samples (of cell phone parts). In fact the jar of gum-balls sits right on top of it. It has several variations of light. I set the light source to day-light, and added a sheet of white copy paper behind the jar. I then used my work camera (so I couldn't shoot RAW) to capture this shot. I sued the on board flash, so I could get the little "catch-lights" in the gum balls. The flash was too strong so I made a quick diffuser using copy paper and tape.

Matt loves the gum, but every time I look at it my jaw gets sore!

Shot spex: Pentax *ist DS, ISO 800, 45mm, f4.5, 1/180 sec., built in flash with homemade diffuser.
PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened, adjusted contrast and levels a tad bit, cropped to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment