Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day #30 - He Keeps Her Shiny, Shiny


The other day I was out in the front yard with all my camera gear set up and was trying to do a self portrait of me with my Jeep. I hated the pictures and ended up using something else that day. My neighbor across the street must have seen me because she asked me today if I was selling my Jeep. I of course blurted out, "no way"! I then asked her why. She mentioned she had seen me shooting pictures of the Jeep and thought that I was shooting images to use for the ad. I explained my project and then she proceeded to ask if I would mind shooting pictures of her husbands car that he wanted to sell. I remember seeing this beautiful car a few times as Ed (my neighbor's husband) would take it out for a spin. I was excited to see it up close! So today after the chores were done I grabbed all of my gear and Ed pulled his 1958 Austin-Healey out of the garage.

I shot about 30 pictures for his ad and of course worked in a few creative ones for my pic-a-day project. This car is really sweet! Wish I had the $$$ to buy it! Watch Craigs List soon for it!

BTW - the title of today's post is a reference to a song by one of my favorite bands, The Rainmakers.

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 33mm, f11, 1/60 sec., flash.

PhotoShop spex: Adjusted Levels just a little, Smart Sharpened (as always), and adjusted the Contrast up +39 for the effect, added a layer and used it to blur the upper right corner to get rid of unwanted elements, then decided to BW that portion of the picture. Added some lens flare effects for fun.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic shot Ron! Must have been fun photographing that. If you have some of the other shots posted somewhere I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete