Monday, June 29, 2009

Day #31 - Moon Over Easy


Anyone who has ever shot a picture of the moon will know that it's not as easy as one might think. It took me a while to dial in the right exposure as I was leaning toward a long exposure (started at 20 seconds) and in reality, the exposure time was quite short (1/4 second). This is kind of a lazy shot, but I wanted to see how well my camera did on this type of shot with my limited range (18-200mm lens). I've been noticing the moon the past few nights and decided I'd give it a go tonight (in part because I waited too long to start shooting and couldn't think of anything indoors that sounded interesting).

Gotta get to shooting before night fall tomorrow!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 200mm, f22, 1/4 sec., no flash, tripod (of course).

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened (as always), and adjusted the Contrast barely.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, the moon is a real bear to get right. It is just so bright, and most people don't realize that. I think you captured some pretty nice detail down in the lower left part of the moon, you can see the craters really well. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete