Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day #13 - You Say Tomato, I Say Tasty!


We had a family get together at my parents house tonight and I was excited for the opportunity to shoot somewhere besides home today. It was getting towards the end of the evening and I hadn't even pulled the camera out of the bag. I was sitting at the kitchen table with Dad, Jesse, Melissa and Aunt Jan when I noticed that someone had placed 3 tomato's on the ledge to ripen. The blinds were in the way, but that was easily remedied. I realized I had a great still life subject in my view. I swapped back on the 50mm prime lens again (I'm really digging the f2 depth of field) and snapped about 6-7 variations while using my cousin Jesse as a leaning post/makeshift tripod (thanks Jesse). I got really creative in PhotoShop and here is the end result. Enjoy, or should I say Bon Appetit?

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 50mm (prime lens), f2, 1/60 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: For such a simple subject I did tons of PhotoShop trickery. I'd be hard pressed to remember all the steps I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment