Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 4 - Teardrops


What a day! I found out today that a dear friend, Dwain Gleason, passed away yesterday at the very young age of 37. That news kind of set the tone for the day and in some way that seemed appropriate, the rain fell all day long. Dwain was a great friend and I am very sad for his wife and son who will feel the loss more than anyone else. As we were driving around today I watched the raindrops on the windows and thought that perhaps a picture showing them would be a fitting post to reflect on the loss of Dwain. The raindrops reminded me of the many teardrops that will have been shed for the loss of Dwain.

The picture was taken while I was sitting in the back of our mini-van in the driveway. It was the only window I could find with raindrops on it. The exposure was very long (30 seconds). I shot this at a variety of f-stops but liked the higher depth of field the best.

Dwain read this blog and it saddens me to know he will no longer see the pictures or offer compliments and comments. But I know that Dwain is in heaven, and everyone in heaven is feasting on his excellent BBQ (which was always too good for us here on earth)! Rest in peace and I look forward to seeing you again someday Dwain.

Shot spex: Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 72mm, f27, 30 sec., no flash, tripod used.
PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened, Desaturated, added Underwater photo filter, bumped up contrast.

1 comment:

  1. Ron -- I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, especially at such a young age. I think this photo is beautiful in it's own right and a wonderful tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete