Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day #25 - Cameron's To Do List


My wife was telling me the other day about something that Cameron did that really tickled her. I guess she was talking to Cameron and JJ (my nephew) in the car while on the way to the swimming pool and was maybe telling them some rules of behavior at the pool. Somewhere the conversation went off track (as they often do with Cameron and JJ) and they ended up talking about money and bills and things of that nature. At some point in the conversation she mentioned how dangerous credit cards can be. I guess the point was made as later she found a "What To Do List" that Cameron had compiled. In case you can't read the list in the picture, it reads as follows:

What To Do List

- Not do the diving board for JJ (Cam can be a stinker)
- Poosh JJ to the side on the water slide (more proof of Cam's stinkerness)
- Jump on the Tramplen (trampoline)


- Don't get a credit card


When I was pondering what to shoot, Dionne showed me the list and I liked it so much I had to use it.

I wanted a very natural light so I used one of our lamps on an end table with a nice wood color. I didn't want to use a flash for fear of blowing out the words on the list. I made several exposures checking the Histogram to ensure a nice even exposure. I opted for an aperture of f13 to allow for good depth of field on the list, allowing focus to fall off at the top of the list. I really like the end result - I think it has a very natural feel to it. Of course I grabbed one of Cameron's many pencils from an earlier shot to help build the scene. About the only thing I forgot to do was drop the ISO down from 800 to something with less grain, but in the end I think the effect looks great.

Maybe I should share this story and picture with Dave Ramsey!!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 50mm (prime lens), f13, 1/6 sec., no flash.

PhotoShop spex: I really didn't have to do much on this one. I left the white balance alone as I like it. I Smart Sharpened (as always), slightly adjusted the Contrast and slightly adjusted the yellow out of the image.

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Great story and perfect setup for the scene. I also don't think your 800 ISO hurt anything, the exposure looks well lit so the lack of dark shadows really helps you pull off 800 without too much noise I think.

    ReplyDelete