Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 6 - Kleptomaniac Should Start with "C"


This picture is of the many pencils we emptied out of Cameron's pencil boxes that he brought home at the end of the school year. The funny thing is, we sent him to school at the beginning of the year with 6 pencils. How that multiplied into 60 I'll never know. I do know that Cameron tends to be a bit of a Kleptomaniac so I fear that therein lies the explanation.

It took me 29 shots of this to get it the way I wanted it. Thankfully Dionne helped out a bit with her own advice and ideas (which were spot on). This is the first staged studio type shot I've tried. I really need to start reading the Strobist blog soon. I pulled almost all of my gear out of the bag this time. I used my tripod, stroboframe, remote trigger, my portable flash soft box and at one point my spare slave flash.

Shot spex: Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 135mm, f11, 1 sec., flash.
PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened, used the Poster Edges filter, and adjusted contrast a tad bit.

1 comment:

  1. That's kind of funny about the pencil collection :-). Glad to see you got something out of the strobist site, before you know it you'll be up to your elbows in strobes, lightstands, umbrellas and flash gels :P. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete