Monday, June 1, 2009

Full House


Ok, so finding things to shoot will be a challenge (and I guess that's part of the exercise - learning to look at the world with the eye of a photographer). Today I was pretty much stuck with shooting around the house. I wandered through the yard and found myself looking at the rickety old bird house in our backyard. I keep thinking about pulling it down as it is in a state of disarray, but generally there is at least one bird living in it at all times. Well today I noticed that one of the units is occupied by a mommy bird with a nest full of babies. I guess I'll be leaving it alone for now. I used a little flash to give the shadows some detail and then did some adjusting with PhotoShop.

Shot spex: Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 72mm, f11, 1/90th sec., flash at 1/8 power.

No comments:

Post a Comment