Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day #12 - Happy 88th Birthday Dorothy!


It's not everyday that someone celebrates their 88th birthday. Today we did just that with a birthday dinner in honor of my wife's grandmother, Dorothy. For 88 she is in great health and still gets around pretty good. Hopefully we will get to celebrate more birthdays with her, and I was glad to shoot her picture as part of my project. I had a little side lighting coming in from some windows to the left of the picture and my diffused flash helped maintain the natural look I wanted for this image. Happy Birthday Dorothy!!!

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 50mm (prime lens), f2, 1/60 sec., flash aimed at ceiling with LumiQuest Softbox attached.

PhotoShop spex: Set White Balance to Daylight. Made a few minor tweaks to Tint and exposure. Cropped vertical (was shot in landscape mode).

1 comment:

  1. Well done on this portrait, but then you are probably the master at portraits and since you shoot a good amount of them for your weddings and stuff. I really like how you balanced the lighting. It does look very natural.

    ReplyDelete