Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day #23 - The Apple Of My Eye


So today was Fathers Day! I hope all my fellow fathers had a great one. We certainly did via a full celebration schedule.

I woke up to a wonderful note from Dionne and cards from Cameron and our pets along with one of Cameron's infamous present bags (a variety of toys and trinket's from all over the house).

Then we had lunch at my parents house with our favorite pizza from Minsky's. Then the kids had a fun time getting silly for us in the living room (my 20 month old nephew Wyatt was wresting with my son Cameron). It was cute to see Wyatt trying (successfully) to pull Cameron to the ground, and it was cute to see Cameron trying to be so careful with Wyatt while also helping him have fun. Then I majorly carb loaded with two pieces of pie (Strawberry and French Silk from Tippin's - mmmmmmmmm!). Then my dad helped me with creating my signature that you will now see on the pictures I post. Aren't dad's great? I know mine is! Thanks Pop!

Thennnnnn, we had my wife's family over to our house for burgers and brats off the grill with all the trimmings. We had a fun time visiting and watching the kids play on the trampoline as well as filling the living room with Nerf darts. Then I carb loaded again with frosted sugar cookies and brownies!

It was a fun day and thanks to everyone who made me feel so special!

I thought it would be appropriate to have a picture today of Cameron - the apple of my eye and the one who has blessed me with the privilege of being a father. It is such a wild and fulfilling experience and I am so thankful God blessed me with this responsibility. I hope I don't let Cameron down (although I know we will have our moments). I hope he and I will be lucky enough to be as close as I am with my dad. I just want to enjoy the ride and hopefully help him get ready for the time in his life when he too will become a father (and me a grandfather!).

Shot spex: Pentax K10D, ISO 800, 55mm, f8, 1/60 sec., flash aimed up at ceiling.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened, adjusted contrast and levels, I didn't really like the background so I made a dupe layer and then tried this cool trick with the Extrude filter on the background layer. I think it turned out kinda cool. I then flattened the image and added the signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment