Friday, June 19, 2009

Day #21 - Getting Around To Images Shot 2 Years Ago


Well, today I decided to pull out something I shot like 2 years ago that I never got around to doing anything with. I figure once in a while I might not feel like shooting a picture on a certain day, and that's a perfect time to work on something I've neglected.

About 2 years ago, we went to Colorado to shoot a wedding for a family friend. Since we were going to our favorite place on earth, we managed to head up to the mountains for some 4-wheeling and photography. Right after shooting pictures in the mountains, we shot 2,500 wedding related pictures. I was up to my ear-lobes in wedding picture editing for 9 months and therefore never got around to doing anything with all my pictures shot in the mountains.

This was a really neat door knob on an old cabin we came across. While nowadays we can spend some serious money on door hardware, I'd submit that the new stuff lacks the class and character of some of the items used back in the old days. Sometimes attention to detail on the small things can really be the sign of a craftsman. Kinda like the work photographers do to their images. The average Joe has no idea how much craft is involved in creating a special image. We don't generally make money on these types of shots. We do it for the love of the art. Enjoy the photograph and I will probably pull a few more of these out of mothballs from time to time in the course of this project.

Shot spex: Pentax K10D, ISO 100, 130mm, f11, 1/30 sec., Exposure Compensation -1(I was bracketing), no flash.

PhotoShop spex: Smart Sharpened, adjusted contrast and levels, adjusted the red to bring the wood color up to where I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment