Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day #18 - My Stupid Back Yard


OK, I know the title seems a bit extreme. I like parts of my back yard like this part in the photo. What I don't like if is the bed of weeds and poison oak 20 feet to the right of this plant I shot pictures of. And as neither my wife nor I have the desire, nor the skills, nor the money to make something nice out of the nasty weedy patch I have to go in and weed whack the living crap out of the area and by the end of that I am covered head to toe in weedy guts and other nastiness!

Oh, well, at least I have this nice plant to shoot some pictures of. Right now it has these stalks with pretty flowers coming up out of it. I started off in color on this but quickly realized that the texture of the image might make a really nice black and white image.

So enjoy this image while I go and sneeze my head off (allergies!).

Shot spex: RAW Image, Pentax K10D, ISO 400, 40mm, f13, 1/60 sec., flash, tripod used.

1 comment:

  1. LOL -- Great title. I know what you mean about yard work. I absolutely can not stand it either. Great shot here. Good call with the b&w i think.

    ReplyDelete